So, Chris (aka “The Man”) and I have been playing around with the idea of doing a podcast forever. This is our first effort. Yes, it’s rough. Yes, we both say “um,” “like,” etc. too much. But we had fun recording it.
We were both drinking Sam Adams’ Octoberfest and it took a while to get the hang of the mic. There was pretty much no planning that went into this particular episode; it was mostly about getting over the fear and just doing it.
To recap the podcast:
- We’re both nerds, and always have been.
- Chris is currently playing (and about to beat) Skyrim. I just started Fable III.
- When you’re an adult gamer who has to share the console with a gaming spouse and kids, it takes a while to beat a game.
- It also takes a while when you take a two month break to play through Mass Effect III.
- Both of us really enjoyed The Hunger Games (books & movie) and Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One
- Chris convinced me to read Hunger Games; I convinced him to read RP1
- We’re both getting excited about the fall television season, specifically Once Upon a Time and NBC’s new Revolution
- If your 8 year old asks to play Fable III (because Mommy’s playing it), it’s okay to say “Nope. Not appropriate for you.”
If you’d like us to tackle any particular “nerdy relationship questions” in future episodes, feel free to drop a comment. 🙂