RealSimple: I shamelessly absconded with your idea. – thx, kat.
Here are a few things I (hopefully) won’t be doing this year:
1. Eat Oreo cookies with white wine. I almost got through all of 2008 without learning this little life lesson. Ah, well.
2. Wait till I’m so stressed I’ve developed a facial tic to tell Chris something’s bothering me.
3. Fail to keep the drama on the page by letting personal stuff keep me away from my writing.
4. Read spoilers for the season finale of Lost. Yeah, I’ve done it the last two or three seasons running. This year, I really, truly will not spoil the finale for myself.
5. Pretend I’m not going to read spoilers for every other episode of Lost this season.
7. Play Parental Angst Poker on Twitter with other web copywriters.
8. Update my status on Facebook without considering potential double entendres. (Nope. Not linking to that one.)
9. Wish for an opportunity to practice the Japanese I picked up while living in Tokyo, and for more opportunities to practice my HTML skills. Because God’s idea of a joke is to drop me in the middle of a project where I have to use both Japanese and HTML, simultaneously. I’m still having brain cramps.
10. Get emotionally attached to a vacuum cleaner. Or a silk flower arrangement. Or a coffee mug. (Okay, I don’t think I can honestly promise that last one.)
So what about you? What are you NOT going to do in 2009?