Once upon a time, I got to video chat with the creators of LOST.
Sort of. Kind of.
In actuality, I chatted with Kris White, fellow Louisville native and the host of the official LOST ABC podcast. I recorded a video question and got a video answer back in the podcast. (Scroll down and check out the April 19, 2008 video podcast for proof.)
Damon and Carlton did at least compliment me on my excellent video questioning manners.
Also, thanks to me, college bands everywhere have documented permission to use “Montand’s Arm” as a name for their band.
It occurred to me today that there are a lot of people|places|things|events from my past that would make a reasonably good name for a band.
So without further ado, here is my list of Awesome Band Names Based on Actual Stuff from my Past:
- The Infamous Marilyn Incident – The less said about this the better (it was an infamous incident, after all.) Let’s just say it involved a house party, an unfortunately-placed sofa, and my questionable decision to wear a dress and then get tipsy enough to fall backwards over said sofa. Right into some guy’s lap.
- Lost in Shibuya – I’ve been lost other places, but I’m using this one because “Shibuya” ends in “BOO-YA!” Which makes it an awesome band name.
- Pumpkin Coach – My first car was a 1978 Monte Carlo. Which my dad painted bright, Sunkist orange. One guess what we called it?
- Runabout|Runaway – I was driving home from a lake when a 16′ runabout bounced off its trailer coming the other direction. At about 70 mph. I slammed on the gas and it missed my rear bumper by maybe 5 feet. Alternate band name: Killer Bassboat.
- Crushed Velvet Yoshi – We briefly tried the whole “child modeling” thing with our son. His agent, Yoshi, was 4’9″ of fabulous in a purple crushed velvet suit.
- The Naked Fajitas – Not really unique to my past. But still–excellent name for a band.
I would really love to have you guys post your own “band names based on stuff from my past” in the comments.
Then again, I’d really love to get back into size 8 jeans, and that’s probably not going to happen any time soon, either.