Well, kiddos, it’s that time of year again.
Santa’s done his deal, so now it’s time for the grown-ups to start making our lists and checking them twice. We won’t be making lists of naughty versus nice kids and appropriate/desirable gifts for the latter group. Instead, because we’re bloggers, we’re making lists of predictions, goals and other future-looking-fiction for the coming year.
So since it’s been a few days since I posted, and I can’t manage to wrap my caffeine-deprived head around the “Villians and Victims” themed post I was going to write today, lets drop back and punt with a nice list post with a punny title, shall we?
Without further ado, here are my 10 inTENtions for 2010:
1. Write a novel. I’ve figured out what the problem with NaNoWriMo is for me. November is probably the worst month for me to attempt to write a novel. In addition to the holiday hysteria between Halloween and Thanksgiving, I have roughly 30,000 family birthdays to deal with during November. Plus, all the best web nerd conferences are in November (PubCon and BlogWorldExpo). So I’m going to attempt it in March, because I have nothing much else going on that month and the weather outside sucks. Ta da!
2. Finish a knitting project. I have started roughly a half a dozen knitting projects in the last year or so without finishing a single one. For some reason, I can finish a crochet piece with no problem, but knitting has thus far baffled me into submission. I suspect part of the problem is that I’m left-handed, have no left-handed teachers, and most of the instructions are for people who are not left-handed. But no more, I tell you! I will complete a scarf this year if it kills me!
3. Lose 20 pounds. Again. Sigh.
4. Manage to hold Crow position in yoga for more than half a second. And preferably, without smacking my head on the floor and feeling like a complete moron.
5. Reinstitute my twice-daily commute prayer. Yes, I pray while driving. Yes, my eyes are open during those prayers. Not that it improves my driving substantially.
6. Cry like a little baby when LOST ends for good in May. Nothing like a little fiction-induced catharsis to kick off summer vacay, right? Right?
7. Manage to successfully explain a Social Media or SEO strategy to a client without meeting blank stares. Sing with me, folks. “It’s gonna happen. Maybe this time…”
8. Be kinder to myself. Mostly, this means taking better care of myself.
9. Be kinder to others. Mostly, this means thinking then speaking.
10. Take a leap of faith. More on this later. 😉
So, people, what do YOU intend to do with your 2010?